How to make nougat - Recipe soft nougat or nougat from Jijona
Christmas is already here and it will surely touch you today to cook many dishes, some very complex.
Today we want to give you the recipe of a very typical sweet product this holiday season and that is in all the homes: the nougat .
So that all the members of the family can eat it we propose you in Comedera.Com the recipe of the Jijona nougat or soft nougat . Do not fear, that the preparation is very simple and you will be able to prepare it at home without any problem. In fact it is a recipe that you can make with children, it's fun 🙂
This delicious sweet is made mainly with 3 ingredients:
- Almonds: toasted and peeled.
- Honey from bees: the thicker the better, try to use natural, without added sugar
- Egg white
Then there are extra ingredients that can vary depending on who does it It is common to have icing sugar, cinnamon, lemon scratch, chocolate pieces and even hazelnuts.
Soft Nougat Recipe (Nougat de Jijona)
- 50 gr. of hazelnuts toasted without skin (optional, you can put more almonds if you prefer)
- 300 gr of almonds toasted without skin
- 200 gr. of honey
- 200 gr. of sugar glass
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder (optional)
- If you have not got the hazelnuts and dried almonds without skin, then the recipe starts by peeling them. Tritúralas until they are almost like dust. Beware: if you grind them too long they start to get oily, and that's not the idea.
- Now heat the sugar and honey in a small pot and let it cook until the sugar has dissolved completely.
- Then pour this liquid in a bowl next to the egg yolk and the dried fruits crushed previously, begin to stir and add the cinnamon powder. Mix all the ingredients very well, this process can take a few minutes to achieve a uniform consistency. Some people do this process in a pot over low heat, you can do it, but taking care that it is not going to stick.
- Put all the previous preparation in a rectangular mold with waxed paper that has little depth ( to give the nougat that rectangular shape feature tablet type they have), put on top something that has enough weight (this will make the nougat is taking shape and is adapting to the mold), put it in the fridge and forget about it for a couple of days.
Ready! You just made homemade Jijona nougat or soft nougat, congratulations! Now you can remove it from the fridge and cut it into pieces to serve after Christmas meals.
Soft nougat with white chocolate
An easy and delicious option that gives a touch of special flavor to this sweet is to put some pieces of white chocolate. I'm telling you: it's going great!
In the video below you can see a very easy recipe that explains how to prepare it.
Por if you did not know the soft turrón Jijona or Xixona is very typical of Alicante, exactly from an inland municipality called Jijona, hence its name.
Now yes, enjoy with your family and friends this homemade recipe of almond soft nougat.
Recipe by: J. López.
Do you want other homemade jams that are equally easy and delicious? You can try some of the biscuits we have published, for example the delicious lemon yogurt cake, or maybe you prefer a chocolate cake, nobody refuses to eat chocolate, hehe.
And if you want a recipe for dessert even easier, prepare this white chocolate mousse.
Do you like these dishes? Share with your friends!